Weekly Worship Music Leader
Department: Worship Ministry
Location: Uptown Church
Job Title: Weekly Worship Music Leader
Reports to: Technical Worship Director
Compensation: $100 per week.
Commitment: Week to week upon verbal contract.
The Weekly Worship Music Leader is responsible to coordinate, and lead weekly worship service for the members of Uptown Church. Specifically, this position will include coordinating music with the Lead Pastor (LP) and Technical Worship Director (TWD) and providing necessary technical requirements to the TWD, leading rehearsal and Sunday worship service and with a week to week commitment upon verbal contract.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Reliable, trustworthy and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Select music for Sunday worship, coordinating with LP and TWD.
- Send set list, links, lyrics and chords to LP, TWD and volunteers band members.
- Network to find volunteer musicians to support service and song choices in cooperation with TWD and LP.
- Attend Preview meeting each week with LP and TWD.
- Attend and lead Worship Rehearsal each with LP and TWD.
- Rehearse and lead Sunday service. .
- Give input and assist with stage design/backdrops to coordinate with sermon series.
- Must submit songs no less that one month from service.
- Work with TWD to record and set timing for each song for each service.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres.
Proficient vocal leadership as a musician.
Reports to Lead Pastor Technical Worship Director
Work closely with Technical Worship Director and other band members.
Week to week upon availability.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com