Technical Worship Ministry Director
Department: Technology and Worship Ministry
Job Title: Technical Worship Ministry Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Compensation: $6,000 salary for the remainder of FY15 beginning July 1st.
Commitment: 20 hours a week, July 1st through December 31st, 2015. Renewed yearly.
The Technical Worship Ministry Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for aspects related to Technology and Worship Ministry (TWM) at Uptown Church. Specifically, the Technical Worship Ministry Director is responsible for worship services, weekly and monthly preparation meetings and maintenance and advancements in technology at Uptown Church. This is a position for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment that is creative and on the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Passion for innovative and distraction free worship experiences.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision and values of Uptown Church.
- Proven expertise in event management from a technical standpoint.
- Reliable, trustworthy and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possess the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to technical equipment and software updates.
- Full knowledge of live production, which includes video, audio, lighting, multimedia, music and staging.
- Knowledge and ability to operate technical gear including video switcher, camera, recording gear, digital video equipment, lighting equipment, audio equipment
- Ability to manage projects and teams and meet deadlines
- Ability to program and operate a video switcher and direct camera crew through a live production
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design Communications technologies platform.
- Make sure communications technology platform is fully operational.
- Repair or purchase equipment as needed within a designated budget.
- Maintain cloud database of all Communications Technologies platforms.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with external Worship Leaders and AV Techs
- Attend all necessary meetings and rehearsals:
- Attend monthly four week planning meeting with Lead Pastor and weekly Worship Leaders.
- Attend Weekly Monday overview meeting with Lead Pastor and weekly Worship Leader.
- Attend Weekly Pre-Rehearsal (as necessary) with weekly Worship Leader.
- Attend two Weekly Rehearsals, one during the week and one before service on Sunday.
- Attend Weekly Sunday Service.
- Help plan the elements and flow of the worship service each week (and special services such as holidays) in collaboration with Lead Pastor and weekly Worship Leader.
- This could include order of service, song selections, special music, dramas, testimonies, baptisms, announcements, etc.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor for weekly musician volunteers.
- Develop and supervise a technology Intern with Lead Pastor.
- Maintain software licenses, subscriptions and storage management.
- Communicate plans for services to anyone else involved in the services.
- Direct weekly rehearsal times for instrumentalists, vocalists, tech staff and volunteers to include prayer time, announcements, and regular feedback from previous services/events.
- Prepare worship song lyrics slide shows and upload them weekly into the presentation software.
- Recruit and train a group of volunteers to maintain equipment and complete tasks.
- Direct the updating, setting up, fixing and running of the stage sound system.
- Find quality replacements and complete all needed preparations whenever unable to be present at worship.
- Develop and resource new products, installation of new products and make new project recommendations.
- Oversee and implement all video production as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred (not required)
Minimum two years ministry experience in local church context
Minimum two years sound and technical performance
Exceptional knowledge of Logic X and other DAW's, Propresenter and Final Cut Pro.
Proficient with Google Apps to include email, drive, and document creation.
Reports to Lead Pastor
Supervises and directs Technical Worship Ministry volunteers
Works closely with all areas of ministry within Uptown Church
A one-year renewable term (Renewed the first of January each year); appointed by the Lead Pastor in consultation with the church Leadership Team and Staff Parish Relationship Committee.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org