Children's Ministry Director
Department: Children’s Ministry
Location: Uptown Church
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Compensation: $3,000 salary for the remainder of FY15 beginning July 1st.
Commitment: 10 hours a week, July 1st through December 31st, 2015. Renewed yearly.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry (CM) at Uptown Church. Specifically, the Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for Sunday School (Nursery-6th grade) and event childcare.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision and values of Uptown Church.
- Proven expertise in relationship development.
- Reliable, trustworthy and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Agree to personal background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To help develop and maintain a Children’s Ministry Team composed of volunteers from our church and community.
- To provide leadership to the Children’s Ministry Team:
- Help to develop and implement the vision for the CM in collaboration with the Pastor and Leadership Team.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM volunteers.
- Train CM volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of CM volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations (i.e. check-in).
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM.
- Oversee and implement all programming for CM.
- Coordinate family events and camps for CM parents and families.
- Weekly meeting (in person or phone call) with Lead Pastor.
- Responsible for event and service child care coverage.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum two years ministry experience in local church context
Minimum two years childcare experience
CPR Certified (Uptown Church will pay to meet this requirement)
Proficient with Google Apps to include email, drive, and document creation.
Reports to Lead Pastor
Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry volunteers
Works closely with all areas of ministry within Uptown Church
A one-year renewable term (Renewed the first of January each year); appointed by the Lead Pastor in consultation with the church Leadership Team and Staff Parish Relationship Committee.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com